The Recipe Exchange
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Recipe Exchange

Where the good ole recipes can be shared!

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Two "recipes" Ham and chicken

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
michelleld

michelleld

Two "recipes" Ham and chicken Empty
PostSubject: Two "recipes" Ham and chicken   Two "recipes" Ham and chicken Icon_minitimeFri May 14, 2010 10:51 am

Ok these are almost not recipes. I don't think some people realize that you can cook a whole chicken or ham in your crockpot!

For chicken I usually put a baked potato for each person (scrubbed down and wrapped in foil) plus any veggies I want in the bottom of the crock pot. A note on this is that you want to make sure your potatoes are not too big, you need clearance for the chicken. Season your chicken and place on top of the veggies, no juice needed!
Some good seasonings for the chicken: a packet of powdered italian dressing mix, montreal chicken seasoning, rosemary or a rosemary blend or just plain old salt and pepper! No juice needed, the chicken will create it's own juice, which will also help cook the veggies!

For ham it's a similar deal, place the ham and any veggies you want (I usually cut them up for the ham because the ham does not need to rest on them) in the crockpot and pour in enough apple cider to come about 1/2 way up the ham.
For the ham, beware not to put anything with salt content (ie any type of broth, canned veggies, etc) as the ham has salt on it's own and will retain a ton of liquid and be gross if you add salt!

Both come out very yummy! We had the ham this week!
Back to top Go down
myfoot86

myfoot86

Two "recipes" Ham and chicken Empty
PostSubject: Re: Two "recipes" Ham and chicken   Two "recipes" Ham and chicken Icon_minitimeSat May 15, 2010 12:26 pm

I am going to try the ham one on monday. Sounds easy and moneday is a buisy crock pot kind of day.
Back to top Go down

Two "recipes" Ham and chicken
Page 1 of 1