The Recipe Exchange
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Recipe Exchange

Where the good ole recipes can be shared!

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Fajita Tenderloin

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
myfoot86

myfoot86

Fajita Tenderloin Empty
PostSubject: Fajita Tenderloin   Fajita Tenderloin Icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 10:57 pm

Take 4ish pounds of pork tenderloin and remove all fat

Add one packet of beef fajita mix and one packet beef taco seasoning.
(follow directions on each pack, add extra half cup of water and 8th cup apple viniger...use apple viniger for fajita mix recipe as well)

shred with two forks when fully cooked (at least 6 hours on low, I usualy crank it up to high and flip it for the last hour)

drain all but about a cupish of liquid (eyeball it, you dont want it soupy but dont pour out all that great flavor, just slightly moistened all over)

mix back in the shredded porkloin with the jucy goodness left in the crock pot and serve with all the usual fajita fixings.
lettuce, tomato, shredded cheese, sour cream, soft wraps, salsa. about the only thing that doesnt work with this is guacomoli, just doesnt go for some reason.

for added fun save some of the drained juice from the crock pot and sautee some long chopped green peppers and oinons in the taisty mess! eat seperatly or put it in the wraps with everything else, its all good!
Back to top Go down
michelleld

michelleld

Fajita Tenderloin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fajita Tenderloin   Fajita Tenderloin Icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 8:34 pm

myfoot86 wrote:

Add one packet of beef fajita mix and one packet beef taco seasoning.
(follow directions on each pack, add extra half cup of water and 8th cup apple viniger...use apple viniger for fajita mix recipe as well)

So is that 1/2 cup extra of water total and 1/4 cup of vinegar?

I definitely want to make this! 4 pounds seems like a lot though... might make it for a pot luck then see how I can reduce the recipe.
Back to top Go down
myfoot86

myfoot86

Fajita Tenderloin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fajita Tenderloin   Fajita Tenderloin Icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 12:07 am

Yes, I mean follow the directions on the back of the packets, add all ingrediants that the back of the packets call for. Then add half a cup of water and an 8th of a cup of apple viniger in excess of the packet directions. It does make a good amount, I always have leftovers, but whenever I crock pot it im fine with leftovers. I always end up doing somthing interesting with the leftovers.
I have made this recipe at least 7 or 8 times and every time I end up tweaking it a bit. This version is my favorite so far though!
Back to top Go down
michelleld

michelleld

Fajita Tenderloin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fajita Tenderloin   Fajita Tenderloin Icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 9:54 am

I may do it next week!
Back to top Go down
myfoot86

myfoot86

Fajita Tenderloin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fajita Tenderloin   Fajita Tenderloin Icon_minitimeSat May 01, 2010 1:04 pm

let me know what you think and if you find a better or interesting way to to tweak my recipe!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Fajita Tenderloin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fajita Tenderloin   Fajita Tenderloin Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fajita Tenderloin
Page 1 of 1