The Recipe Exchange
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
The Recipe Exchange

Where the good ole recipes can be shared!

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Easy Apple Pie

Go down 
AuthorMessage
myfoot86

myfoot86

Easy Apple Pie Empty
PostSubject: Easy Apple Pie   Easy Apple Pie Icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 5:16 pm

I begin with an admission, I cheat and use a pillsberry pie crust bottom. I never have been able to quite master pie crust.

Peel about 5 medium sized apples then cut them to the desired size. I prefer to cut them rather thin but a lot of people like it more chunky. This part is all about personal preference so do what makes you happy!

Simply drop all the apples into the pre made totally cheating pie crust and drizzle 2 and a half table spoons of orange juice over the apples, along with 2 table spoons of cinnimin sugar.

Now for the good part, this is the best crumble topping of all time.
Combine 1 1/2 cups flour
1 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4th tsp salt
1 cup quick cooking oatmeal
and a half pound of cold unsalted butter

Shove this wonderful mixture in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment. Mix on low speed until the butter is pea-sized and the mixture is crumbly. Then crumble it over the top of your pie, I rarely make on pie at a time, this will lend you enough for a thick coating over at least 2 pies. This topping is good for most any pie.
Back to top Go down

Easy Apple Pie
Page 1 of 1